Reason why storing data in database is better than storing data in file when the data is large
- You can query data in a database (ask it questions).
- You can look up data from a database relatively rapidly.
- You can relate data from two different tables together using JOINs.
- You can create meaningful reports from data in a database.
- Your data has a built-in structure to it.
- Information of a given type is always stored only once.
- Databases are ACID.
- Databases are fault-tolerant.
- Databases can handle very large data sets.
- Databases are concurrent; multiple users can use them at the same time without corrupting the data.
- Databases scale well.
You may also like...